I'm giving lessons here ppl!! Shuting down completely the enemy jungler is what I did this game! Check it out if you're also into counter jungling! :)
Team Picks and Bans:
That Gragas pick was kind of a troll pick... I mean, the rest of my team and I discussed our picks and descided who takes who... Everyone exept that guy who had the bright idea to instalock Gragas... Oh well... Since noone Queue Dodged, might as well just play the game. As usual, I took my place to steal enemy Wraiths... Alistar showed me their golem area and since they where all camped there, I thought I could steal more than just the blue wraith. I had already killed 2 of the 3 lesser wraiths when tristana appeared as I left, leaving the other behind. A quick cv at the area showed that Tristana got the last wraith... Great, assisting me in counter jungling!! :D
I got First Blood on the enemy Warwick in the funniest of ways. I had set up for a gank on Karthus who was mid, when I saw Warwick invading our jungle. Thinking he would try to steal my Lizard buff, I neared him from the bush and waited till he was about to finish off the Lizard and steal it with smite. Apparently, he only wanted to steal the two small lizards and he walked into the bush... Well, me and the Lizard ganged up on him and took him down!! :P
After that, it was a counter jungling fest... Wherever I went, I brought wards with me and deprived Warwick of his buffs whenever I could (also killed him whenever I could! :P ). Result?? An early fed Nocturne and a pretty pissed Warwick! The game ended at 40 minutes with the destruction of their Nexus, after obliterating all of their base...
End game stats:
Replay can be found here:
Game #25
+13 Elo Gained
Team Picks and Bans:
That Gragas pick was kind of a troll pick... I mean, the rest of my team and I discussed our picks and descided who takes who... Everyone exept that guy who had the bright idea to instalock Gragas... Oh well... Since noone Queue Dodged, might as well just play the game. As usual, I took my place to steal enemy Wraiths... Alistar showed me their golem area and since they where all camped there, I thought I could steal more than just the blue wraith. I had already killed 2 of the 3 lesser wraiths when tristana appeared as I left, leaving the other behind. A quick cv at the area showed that Tristana got the last wraith... Great, assisting me in counter jungling!! :D
I got First Blood on the enemy Warwick in the funniest of ways. I had set up for a gank on Karthus who was mid, when I saw Warwick invading our jungle. Thinking he would try to steal my Lizard buff, I neared him from the bush and waited till he was about to finish off the Lizard and steal it with smite. Apparently, he only wanted to steal the two small lizards and he walked into the bush... Well, me and the Lizard ganged up on him and took him down!! :P
After that, it was a counter jungling fest... Wherever I went, I brought wards with me and deprived Warwick of his buffs whenever I could (also killed him whenever I could! :P ). Result?? An early fed Nocturne and a pretty pissed Warwick! The game ended at 40 minutes with the destruction of their Nexus, after obliterating all of their base...
End game stats:
Replay can be found here:
Game #25
+13 Elo Gained


Nice job, I rarely jungle and even when I do, I don't think about counter jungling, makes me review my tactics .
ReplyDeletety
Mundoin
Counter Jungling is the "evolution" of jungling... It's not something you plan on doing, it just comes out on itself.
ReplyDeleteIf you jungle enough games, you'll find that you'll be counter jungled by enemy junglers so, at first you'll find yourself defending this counter by switching your routes, placing your wards more strategicaly and look at the map for any signs of where the other jungler is.
After that, if you think it's on your capability to do so, you go to counter attacking. YOU become the counter jungler! And then the fun begins, actualy shutting down one of your opponents, probably make him rage and fight an easy 4v5 game.
Carefull though as it IS a double edged sword. If you fail at counter jungling or they find you out, they can gank up on you easy.
Anyway, it all comes down to playing style. But if you keep jungling, at one point you WILL counter jungle as well! :)
hello,
ReplyDeletei have a couple of questions since you play nocturne a lot.
I have been trying to find a tanky dps that i could play since my GP getts banned in every game.
Usually people dont play NOC like that, so im not sure if its possible?
I've seen tanky builds on noct but there are way better tanky dps champs to chose from (Jarvan, Irelia). What I propose for a tanky DPS Nocturne is, of course, defencive runes and masteries and as for item build, trinity force to begin with and then Warmog's + Atma's. :)
ReplyDelete