Thursday, 25 August 2011

About the livestream

I know, I know... Not nearly as good as the other League of Legends streamers out there. But in order to stream, this is the only "setup" that works for me.

First of all, I DO have a pretty good PC but it's not nearly as good as to run Xsplit Broadcaster smoothly. The encoding takes a toll on my gaming performance, droping the fps to 15-20, and some times (when lots of things happen on screen) at below 10 fps. Which is unplayable.

X-Fire on the other hand, gives me a steady 25-30 fps which is not the best fps performance-wise, but it's smooth enough to actually play the game. I WILL try out a few more normal games before actually streaming ranked games, just to test if there arn't any unexpected "hic-ups" to ruin my game...

As for the quality, well... You can blaim our ISPs here... 1.5Mbps download/550 kbps upload isn't actualy a "high end" connection, but where I live, it's the maximum I can get. So, unless my ISP upgrades their DSLAM in my area, this is the best quality I can stream at without any problems. PLease, if you're watching my stream, leave a comment about the quality/fps of the video! :)

Anyway, I have no standard time for streaming, that's why I included the stream thumbnail at the right side of the blog. If you see that thingy play video, click on the link below for the larger window! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment