After the crowd cleared out, what was left was wreckage! Unfortunately, these barbarians destroyed everything in sight, just out of frustration that they couldn't get in. Anyway, here's a shot of what was left in the lobby of the place holding the event.
After seeing my friends off, I still felt I had unfinished business. You see, before the event I was talking with RavenWorld and Panic and both of them said to me "See you there"... So, I couldn't just leave after traveling this far without saying at least "hello"! So, I headed straight back inside in order to complete my journey!
What I found inside was clearly better than what I left behind me a while ago. Lot less crowd, lot less noise and much more comfort!
But... Everyone on stage was busy doing this and that and the people still in the room had camped the front lines so I couldn't possibly get close myself. So, I took the chance for a few more photos and, since I didn't know how long this was going to last and if they suddenly tell us to leave in order to close the room down, THE PHREAK was my prime target! I got as close to him as I could while he was signing autographs and taking pictures with the fans. I could even touch him if I just stretched my arm out, it was the closest I have EVER been to a LoL celebrity like David.
Of course, another thing that caught my eye was his gaming laptop, the one he used to stream the games played on the Event. So, no chance is missed! :D
After a while, the crowd started to thin out and I managed to get near the stage. I looked around for Raven or Panic but I saw them on the other side of the stage, talking to fans. Time was getting late and I almost thought that this would be my last chance I'd get this evening (little that I knew at the time) but I couldn't really do anything about it from where I was standing.
Bless my stars, Raven came my way, as if she knew I was waiting for her to come. I called out her name and she heard me, came closer and I introduced myself. She thanked me for coming all the way to the event and I was pretty complete just with that. I was ready to just walk away and leave (since Panic was still lingering on the other side of the stage) when the unthinkable happened. Raven gave me a piece of paper and a pen and told me "Write down your number and stick around. If I lose you in the crowd, I'll call you to meet up with us and talk later, ok?" .... My hand shook while I was scribbling down my phone number. I nodded "ok" and walked back from the stage.
For the next half hour or so, I was wondering if I wrote down my phone number correctly or not. I also begun to frantically check my phone every now and then to check for reception. It wasn't needed though. Thankfully, the staff that was cleaning the room just ignored our presence there and as the crowd grew even thinner, Rioters started getting off the stage as well. First I went and said a "hello" at Demorphic but then I noticed Panic sitting around and I had the best chance to introduce myself to him as well.
He was really happy I came and introduced myself, he even said he was looking forward to meeting me. I couldn't say I wasn't feeling the same things! We chatted for a while, mostly about the events that occurred outside the Event area and he told me they didn't expect THAT many people to be present. I could only agree to that, I myself was surprised. I asked him if Riot intended to visit again at the International Fare of Thessaloniki and, to my delight, he said yes! (September is coming fast! :D)
In any case, only a few people where still around the stage, with most of them camping around Phreak, asking him all shorts of questions about LoL. David didn't hesitate to answer anything about anything. Even when people asked him why do they always get noobs on their teams and elo hell, he just laughed and tried to explain as much as he could what went on. Here are Zahariel and Saxo from team inS, discussing stuff with Phreak.
I also talked with Phreak about lots of stuff, like how to improve the Solo Q ladder, how the New Eve and New Twitch would fare in correspondence to their older counterparts, he told us about a few upcoming nerfs to Kassadin and Nocturne and why they decided to make these changes (these changes you can see on the Zyra patch notes) and many other stuff. But, I couldn't stick around David all night long. I had more people to see and talk too. So, after talking once more with RaverWorld and meeting other people I only knew from the game and never met in person (hi Aelian! ;) ) I even got to talk with the casting crew of cowboy.tv. It must have been 2 or 3 hours already since the event ended but THIS part of the event was the BEST one. Getting pictures of and with the Rioters, was, of course, the cherry on the cake!
Raven and Drogi
A wild Phreak appears...
Me and the rest of the gang (Yep, I did actually got to touch Phreak! :P )
We managed to convince Panic to get inside the photo as well.
Some people left the event with gift bags, some left with Riot codes to redeem, some left with T-shirts and Teemo hats... I left the Event with the best price of all! New friends! :D
Can't wait to see you guys again next month!
------------Outtakes------------
- People outside saying "omg, I'm 2k elo and I'm surrounded by noobs. I should be inside, not out here with the retards"... Well, after the 3rd or 4th time I heard this quote, I turned around and told him "That's it, I'm reporting you!". Thankfully, he reacted better than I would expect someone would in-game and we burst out in laughter.
- At some point, RavenWorld picked up a few spare Teemo Hats and handed them around to those that where still around. I respectfully declined the hat as it would look ridiculous on me. I regreted it the moment I told this story to my gf (she loves hats, any type of hat)... Please brink some hats when you come to I.F.T plz!! :D
- While discussing with Phreak, I asked him a very simple Question. "Will Annie EVER grow up?" This is the ACTUAL discussion that followed:
Me: "So, will Annie ever grow up?"
David: "What are you talking about, she's 8"
Me: "That's exactly what I'm talking about, the game is out for 2 years and she's still 8"
David: "No, you're wrong. Annie was 6 when the game came out"
Me: "Still, noone said anything about Annie growing up. Why don't you put it on the patch notes"
David: *laughs* "Like, Annie... Age now increased from 8 to 9"
Me: "Exactly, it would be a great humoristic adition to the patch notes"
David: *still laughing* "I.... I actually support this, I'll forward it when I get back to L.A."
Riot, if I EVER see the line "Age now increased from 8 to 9" it will be the GREATEST, I mean the GREATEST gift I could ever receive from you. EVER!!









No comments:
Post a Comment