Wednesday, 20 June 2012

About the Livestream

Yeah, yeah... I know I've been bugging all of you about the livestream but there's a couple of reasons I still havn't gotten around to it yet...

First of all, I got the Black Screen issue again, it's probably because own3d has changed it's format and I havn't contacted support to resolve it yet. So, right now, even if I DO stream, you'll probably see the "Live" indicator but nothing on the stream... But that's the easy part...

Secondly, my free time is a MESS... Some days I have lots of time to play video games, others I have none. I'm currently at a point where a lot of things are happening simultaneously in my life (both important and insignificant) and I HAVE to set priorities (and, frankly, League of Legends just cannot be my first priority...) Again, I'd like to set the stream up, mostly because of the great experience I had the first time I tested the stream and the awesome people I met that day, so that gives me hope. But again, if I don't manage to settle down to a more stable schedule, I don't think I can bring myself to begin a streaming channel.

There's also the bandwidth issue, which is the only "technical" problem I cannot solve from my part. As of late 2011, I own a PC that can stream in HD without CPU lag. But there is NO ISP in Greece that provides more than 1 Mbit Upload speed, so I can only stream in lower quality in order not to "suffocate" the line. My only hope lies on a communication firm from Cyprus that provides services in major Greek cities that give up to 4 MBit upload but the odds to have my town added to their netowork is REALY slim... Still, one can only hope! ^^

That's all for now... Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment